- The perfect development of Ayurveda was seen during Samhita kala.
- The period from Sage Bhardwaj to Acharya Vagbhata is known as Samhita Kala.
- As per available evidences the samhita period fixed from 1500 BC to 5th century AD.
- The earlier texts of Samhita kala are in the form of Sutra(poetic form) later written in the form of Bhasya( prose form).
- Mainly, three sampraday were developed in ayurveda. These are Atreya Sampraday, Dhanwantari Sampraday and Kashyapa Sampraday.
- Three popular samhitas Charak Samhita, Sushruta Samhita and Kashyapa Samhita were originated from from three samprayday i.e. Atreya, Dhanwantari and Kashyapa Sampraday respectively.
All the acharyas of samhita kala have own special contribution but among all following acharyas played important role in development of ayurveda.
Detailed description about each acharyas are discussed in separate blog.